Monday, August 1, 2011

Canadian National Junior Hereford Bonanza

The Canadian National Junior Hereford Bonanza was, yet again, a great success.

Champion Sr. Heifer Class
It was hosted in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, and boasted our highest numbers ever at 210 head of Hereford cattle showing. Unfortunately, work commitments prevented me from showing there all week, but they couldn't keep me away entirely. I drove out with my dad Friday afternoon to catch show day and the banquet on Saturday. I helped my sister with her cattle and even did a little showing.


Bonanza is one of my favorite events of the summer. I've participated in seven Bonanza's all across Canada, starting when I was 8 years old, and made lifelong friends in the process. I had the great privilege of being selected as one of this year's Future of the Breed Scholarship recipients for my contributions as a junior Hereford member. 

I love Bonanza. And I love Hereford cattle. And I love the people who own, breed, and exhibit Hereford cattle. 

I would strongly suggest any kids under 21 who have Hereford cattle to get involved in this awesome show. It will be in Calgary next year in conjunction with the World Hereford Conference and in Brandon, Manitoba in 2013. Check out the Bonanza section of the Canadian Herefords website.

No comments:

Post a Comment