Friday, July 1, 2011

Wanna send me to Nashville? #agchat

Here's the deal:

About 2 months ago, I succumbed to the powers of Twitter.

I haven't look back since.

Follow me @rotempleton
I love Twitter. There are so many networking opportunities. My followers and those I follow are almost all involved in agriculture in some way. I'm learning a lot about different types of farming and ranching all over North America.

And I thought it was just another channel for my random musings and thoughts (it's that, too).

Here's another thing I discovered on Twitter: #agchat


AgChat is a conversation that takes place on Twitter every Tuesday night about ag-related issues. This week's topic was summer ag activity, giving me a great opportunity to tell people about Summer Synergy and the Calgary Stampede.

There's also an AgChat Foundation. 

The AgChat Foundation is hosting a conference this year in Nashville, their 2nd annual Agvocacy 2.0 conference. It will focus on the use of various types of social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, blogs, etc.) and their usefulness in communication between agricultural producers and consumers.

When I read that description, I thought, I have to go to this. I'll admit, I love a good conference. That may be strange, but there's nothing better than networking with like-minded people and bouncing off one another's ideas to reach a goal.

I love meeting new people. I love learning about agriculture communications. I get antsy when I stay home for too long..or in the same country, for that matter. I feel like I would love Nashville. And I need to start dispersing that box of 400 shiny new business cards somewhere!

If that story has you ready to send me a first-class ticket to Nashville, be my guest! If not, I have another way you can help me out.

Here's the photo I submitted. It's one of my favorites, taken and edited by me.
The AgChat Foundation is having a photo contest, with the winners earning scholarships to Agvocacy 2.0 pending acceptance, as well as a feature in their calendar. The most votes on your picture gets you there!

I chose a picture I took out on one of our pastures last summer. It's one of our herd bulls, 9P, with his ladies and calves. I just love how it looks like a bovine family photo.

Go to the AgChat Facebook Photo contest. Click this link to go directly to my photo. Click VOTE! You can do this once a day. Which I'm sure all of you will, because you are very supportive of my latest slightly crazy but awesome endeavor.

FYI: I'll find out whether or not I've been accepted at the end of July.

I encourage you to check out the other applicant's photos. There are some amazing shots!

Thank you so much for your help. What would I do without you?

PS. Happy Canada Day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment