Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Agvocating in Canada, and Beyond

5 days. 4 airplanes. 2 countries. 2 presentations. 


Here we go! It's finally here, DC week. But I have a few things to get to before I'm US-bound. 


I accidentally got to the airport a couple hours early today. I did this by accidentally driving fast to get here. Oh well! I'm actually quite enjoying the chance to take a breather and catch up on some things. I'm currently on #agchat on Twitter, a weekly conversation between people from all over North America about agricultural topics. This week's topic is right up my alley- ag blogs- so I'm trying to keep up.

On top of that I'm preparing myself for what's sure to be an outstanding week filled with opportunities, networking, and challenges.

Here's the low-down on my itinerary for Canadian part of my trip:

Tuesday
Board my flight from Calgary, Alberta, to Edmonton, Alberta. It's a whole 40 minutes in the air.
Arrive in Edmonton, check in to hotel, and prepare for tomorrow with my presenting partner, Fawn.

Wednesday
Wake up bright and early for the ALMA Future Fare! Fawn and I are set to speak at 11 am on behalf of the Cattlemen's Young Leaders program. I'm speaking as a CYL Graduate, and Fawn as the CYL Program Coordinator.

We're presenting to ALMA (Alberta Livestock and Meat Agency) officials and supporters to feature the great things our program has accomplished with the help of their funding. ALMA supports tons of cattle-related projects and programs, many of which are dedicated to advancing our industry and focus on youth. I'll be talking about my experience as a candidate with my mentor as well as my trip to Denver for the Five Nations Beef Alliance Young Rancher's Program.

So that's lag 1 of my trip, friends! Lag 2 begins by rushing off from the Future Fare to catch a 2:30pm flight to Washington DC. Hopefully that evening I'll have time to check in and update you on day 2. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment