Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Keep Calm and Farm On

Oh, hello.

It's me. I'm still alive, though you clearly wouldn't know it from the tumbleweeds bouncing across my blog all summer.

I spent my summer working in crop input sales, which seemed like a stretch for this cattle girl but turned out to be a fantastic learning experience. I've made the move south to Stillwater, Oklahoma where I am enjoying the heck out of my agriculture communications and agriculture economics classes and learning to look good in orange. More on that later.

Today, I want to share a great website that is empowering young people with passions for agriculture.


FarmOn is an online community with the mission to equip young agricultural businesspeople with the necessary knowledge, tools, and skills to become profitable. The founding folks of FarmOn are all rural Albertans who have turned their agriculture passions into success. I applaud FarmOn for filling a necessary void in Canadian agriculture by empowering the young leaders of our rapidly aging industry.

I was honoured to do an interview with FarmOn which they have posted on their site. You can check it out here.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great idea, especially the focus on getting younger people into the agriculture industry

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we can invest in farmland sector and that keep net and clean then our environment will be chance.“There were no major breakthroughs or quick fixes. We’ve just tweaked a little every year.”

    farmland investment funds

    ReplyDelete
  3. If we can invest in farmland sector and that keep net and clean then our environment will be chance.“There were no major breakthroughs or quick fixes. We’ve just tweaked a little every year
    http://www.yahafashion.net/

    ReplyDelete