Thursday, July 7, 2011

Prize Lady

I feel like the cattle show Santa Clause.

I've been involved with the Alberta Junior Hereford Association since I started showing cattle at 5 years old. I'm currently serving as secretary, and volunteered for the duty of prize shopping for our summer show in conjunction with Summer Synergy July 12-16.

The loot
This is no small task. I had budget of a few thousand dollars and over 50 seperate prizes to buy. I decided to go for some useful show items, like show sticks, shavings forks, and buckets. After I bought a few of each of those I moved into a few other departments like housewares, camping gear, tools, and other miscellanous things that I decided were awesome.

Cattle shows can get interesting when water guns are involved.
Call me a bad influence.

Rice cooker & Magic Bullet- awesome for our juniors getting close to moving away from home
I bought the loot at Peavey Mart, UFA, Superstore, Wal Mart, Canadian Tire, and Costco. I can successfully say that I would love to keep all of it for myself, but that would kind of defeat the purpose. Youth aged 9-21 at the Alberta Junior Hereford Show will be taking home their chunk of these goodies currently occupying the majority of the space in our living room.

Shiny new show tack!
So how do you win these prizes? Place first or second at the Hereford show in confirmation (cattle quality), showmanship, public speaking, team grooming, or aggregate.

Who doesn't wish they had a Snuggie?

Electronics and appliances are great to win
We're lucky to have some great sponsors behind us. Kids will be given a thank-you card to write before they get the prize to make sure our sponsors know how valued their support is.

Good luck, juniors!

If you'd like to stop by and check out the show,
visit summersynergy.ca for the schedule.

PS: Today is the LAST DAY to enter my giveaway!

2 comments:

  1. Wicked prizes - awesome work Rosie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chemical that drank lives…
    Information Exchange..: Ban on Endosulfan
    Endosulfan is an organochlorine insecticide. It plays a vital role in controlling the insects that harm the agricultural fields.

    ReplyDelete